11.06.2009

The end of the Internet?

No. I haven't reached it. At least not yet.

However, I have once again established my familiar role of internet know-all at work. Hi UPO! You guys will be happy to know that I'm imparting my knowledge to others and inciting hilarity.

What I have finally reached, dear friends, is the end of Pandora's free monthly, 40hour session. This was last month's run of course. For those of you who count on music to pull you through your work days, you can sympathize. I had a mere week to go before the end of October was upon us and gone again, but time is petty and allows no free-bees. Alas, I used other resources of the great world-wide-web and braved my Pandora-less week. Rationally, paying an entire $0.99 to continue using the music genome project (linked provided on the Click-Worthys) is not completely unreasonable. So the rules are: once you've reached the end of your monthly 40 hours, you can either pay $0.99 for the rest of the month or abstain from Pandora until the next month rolls around. Thank goodness time never fails and that next month eventually always arrives. You may also pay $34 (I think) at the beginning of the month to receive unlimited Pandora usage for the whole month sans advertisements. Glorious? Only marginally so. I'd rather ride out the 40 hours and pay the $0.99 for the remainder. For this round, Pandora won, or so it seems...I saved myself that barely-a-dollar fee and relied on NOW! playlists on Youtube and Leekspin. I spun Leekspin for HOURS towards the end of the week, without pause.

And now, dear readers, I will leave on that note, and let that realization sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment