3.26.2011

Whoa sleep-deprivation-induced-Epiphany

Prepositions.

An English staple. It's definitely a cog in the machine that is English grammar that I appreciate. Some things, I do not: British versus American spelling. I, for one, do not need the extra "u" in color. I suppose that's another distinguishing factor of my nationality asides from the obvious: citizenship, accent, nomenclature of common items(LINK).

Back to prepositions.

In grade school, my wholesome education used a generic tree to exemplify the wonders of the preposition. Now, as a free-thinking adult (or something like that), I've stumbled upon an epiphany.

Most prepositions can be applied to anything/anyone in relation to another anything/anyone.

Like people! Until you arrive at certain specific details. Such as biological mechanics...

Some applicable, common prepositions:

Around
Behind
Above
Beneath
Inside
Concerning
Following
Near
Through
Toward
With
Outside

Gender exceptions:

Inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment