1.18.2010

Super Powers?

So thrifty me has emerged (in light of the pending doom that is the repayment of student loans), and I've started collected jars and containers to use for storage. This way, I can save myself the dimes otherwise spent on tupperware and whatnots. So far, my favor falls to tomato sauce jars. They're usually glass, a good size and have sturdy lids; however, like many containers that used to store other foods, residue or odors are easily left behind. That's where white vinegar comes in handy. And lo and behold: white vinegar is the miracle solution. It cleans, it flavors, it can even be used to train the cat.

I spotted this link on the back of the bottle; I figured I'd be nice and share.

Vinegar Tips

1 comment:

  1. omg you're a genius.. its not that i didnt know about the power of vinegar.. its that i forgot!

    thanks for the reminder..

    also, did u know the flights to kansas city are like dirt cheap.. sigh even when they're dirt cheap im' too broke to take advantage of them :( but i miss you and i think of you often!

    ALSO, my little baby herb garden has begun to spud :) cute little baby green thingies are poking their tiny heads from the soil... yippeee! i was getting nervous that i killed them with overwatering!

    ReplyDelete