1.28.2010

Chance for Travel

This time last year, I was beginning the last stretch of my college years. Arguably, one of the greatest periods of any single person's life. An experience beyond any other: these years are of discovery and selfishness on a level most never know again. Yes, I miss college.

I digress: my reminiscing led me to the time within these college days filled with travel. This time two years ago, I had recently returned from having spent two weeks in South Korea. This was my "break" from my fall semester, spent all over Southeast Asia. Perhaps time in my life I'm thus far most proud of; the time in my life I yearn to rebuild and recreate. Almost a palpable yearning, I wish for the chance to travel, but caught up in Corporate America, I'm not sure I can ever regain the freedom I had two years ago.

I wish to rekindle the days when a packed duffle and backpack served as enough to pass 11 days in foreign territory, on a mission to pass through three nations merely armed with the knowing that you fly into Bangkok, Thailand and fly out of Singapore 11 days later. Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment